Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hicks Family Vacation

We just got back from vacation with the Hicks fam-Paul's parents and his brother Jonathan and his wife Laura. Paul's parents have a time share in Williamsburg, Virginia, which is where we spent a week. I had never been to Williamsburg before and I'm definitely not the biggest history buff (or even close really) but I loved looking at all the old "stuff" and I think I even learned a thing or two. There were a lot of horses and tea pots, which are both two things I love.





Paul and I celebrated our first anniversary while in Williamsburg. We ate at the Williamsburg Inn, which was just lovely.



We also went to Busch Gardens. The pass we had for the week allowed us to go as many times as we wanted, so we took advantage of that and went 3 times. I had never been before and Paul and I both love roller coasters.


We had a really great vacation but it also feels good to be home. We've been gone every single weekend in June and as much as I love to travel, I am definitely a "home sweet home" kind of girl. I'll be leaving for Kenya in less than 4 weeks now, so it will be nice to slow down and enjoy time at home with the hubster and our little Sophie.

Y'all have a happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment