Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Year


On Sunday Paul and I will celebrate our first year of marriage. WOW! Sometimes I still can't believe God would bless me with someone as wonderful as Paul. It is very humbling. Only because of God's grace and blessing of marriage counseling, marriage prep classes and a newlywed Bible Fellowship class at church, we have really had an easy first year of marriage. I don't and won't ever claim that our marriage is perfect, but I do think that if you put God above each other, and each other above yourself, marriage can be one of the biggest blessings we will ever receive. Paul is my very best friend. I love being around him. I love talking and laughing with him. I love going through life with him by my side, whether good or bad. I love him for the amazing husband he already is. I love him for the father I know he'll be one day. We have grown so much closer in this first year that it is hard to fathom growing even closer and loving him more than I already do. So thank you God for giving me Paul, to be my husband as long as we both shall live.

3 comments:

  1. I just can not seem to believe it had already been a year! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are soo thankful and blessed to have you both in our family. I'm really enjoying your blog. Love you guys.. Mom and Dad Hicks

    ReplyDelete