Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kenya Countdown...ONE WEEK

Wow, I can't believe we are really leaving in just one week. It has been a super busy week with all of the last minute things to do, buy, pack, etc. I want to have everything packed and ready to go by this weekend so that Paul and I can spend as much time together as possible before I leave. I am going to miss him....A LOT!! Besides the fact that we do almost everything together, we talk all the time. It's going to be hard not having normal communication with him. I'll be able to call him every few days but it will be very brief, because it costs so much to call from there. He will be busy with his high school soccer team starting their season and he will have my sweet Gram and brother looking out for him and making sure he is being fed. He will also have the company of our little Sophie. And I have no doubt that although we will miss each other terribly, God will only use this to strengthen our marriage even more.

I am dreading the plane rides already. Last time I couldn't sleep very well and it was a looong time to be awake anticipating getting to our final destination. We fly from DC to London (7 1/2 hours), from London to Nairobi (8 1/2 hours), Nairobi to Mombasa (1 hour) and then the rest is a really bumpy ride on what you can't even call a road, to Malendi which is where we will stay and work. I will be better prepared with a prescription sleep med this time. The time there is 7 hours ahead so if you count that, I don't even have the energy to calculate how many hours we will spend just traveling to get there. But as soon as we are there and I see the beautiful faces and hear the sweet voices of the Kenyans, that long exhausting travel time is the last thing I am thinking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment