Also, for y'all that don't know, my mom is going too. This is a huge deal and step out of her comfort zone but she is soooooo excited and I cannot tell you how it makes me feel to know I am going to share this experience with her. When I got back from my first trip to Kenya, my mom was so interested and wanted to hear every detail. I told her everything I knew to and showed her every single picture but I knew she could never fully grasp it unless she went herself.
I really need to get busy with some last minute preparations. We have to wear long skirts everyday there in order to be respectful of their culture. Last time I went, I left all of the ones I took for the women there to have. So I have quite a few trips to Goodwill to make in the next couple of weeks. I got all of my shots last Friday so that can be checked off the list. I don't mind needles at all-thank GOD-but can I just tell you that it's been almost a week and one of my arms is still sore? No pain, no gain-right? I decided to take Typhoid pills this time, rather than the shot because the pills are good for 5 years instead of just a year. I started taking those this week too. There is a chance they can make you really sick and I wanted to get that good and over with before we start our 2 day journey to Kenya. I will start my Molaria pills a week or two before we leave. Other than that, we just need to shop for snacks, bug spray and whatnot. Our group will have one final meeting when our passports and visas come back.
I thought I was actually going to write a post with no pictures but I just can't do it. I have a little obsession with pictures but besides that, I took over 700 on my first trip and I'd hate not to share a few with you. Here is just a glimse of what I get to see and do in Kenya...




No comments:
Post a Comment