It feels like I've been pregnant way longer than 37 weeks! Actually, I can barely even remember what it was like to not be pregnant. It went by so fast until about ten weeks ago or so, and now it is c-r-e-e-p-i-n-g by! And it's especially hard for me to remember looking like this...
But as I've said a million times, I loved the majority of pregnancy and am still so humbled to have been able to even experience it. So never mind that this is what I am looking like these days...
Because even though it will take some time to get rid of this massive bump, very soon I will be looking our son in the face and will immediately forget all about the miserableness!
Now on to week 37. We now have a FULL TERM baby! Praise the Lord for that!! This week Gray is estimated to weigh around six and a third pounds and is a little over 19 inches long. Although he will continue to gain weight, he is fully developed and ready for life outside of the womb at any time now. Did you hear that Gray? You are ready to come out and play now. And mama is really ready for you to come out. Just so you know.
I went to the doctor on Friday and had a little bit of a scare. My blood pressure was high for the first time. The nurse seemed so surprised that she checked it 4 times before taking record of it. Of course they immediately suspected preeclampsia but no protein was showing up in my urine. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor for a while to make sure everything was ok with Gray. It scared me y'all. Everything has been perfect for so many appointments and I went in being so excited to get checked for the first time and next thing I know, I'm being hooked up to all of this stuff. I had to push a button every time I felt Gray move so they could see if his heart rate was going up like it should. The monitor indicated that his heart beat and movement were perfect, which was such a relief. They took an additional urine sample to send off to check for other issues but I never heard anything back that afternoon so I am assuming it was all fine. I have to monitor my blood pressure very closely and if it goes up at all, I have to call the doctor immediately. It's been very inconsistent over the past few days but has not been any higher at all, so that's been comforting. It could still be an early sign of me developing preeclampsia, in which case they will probably either have to schedule an induction or c-section. I don't want either, but most of all I want our baby boy here safe and am willing to do whatever that takes. I'll be pretty anxious to get back to the doctor on Friday.
On a lighter note, I am dilated one centimeter. It's definitely not much to get excited about but at least it's something! When she checked me her exact words were "Bless your heart, he is really giving you pressure and pushing on your bladder!" When I asked her if his head was down she said, "Oh honey, it's definitely down." I knew he was really low and I was pretty certain his head has been down for a while, but it was good to hear for sure. When I was hooked up to the fetal monitor, it showed that I was having some contractions. The nurse had to ask me if I knew I was even having them. When they told me when a contraction was starting, I was able to associate it with what I was feeling. I've thought I was having them here and there, but they haven't been very painful yet and I just didn't know for sure if that's what it was. Now that I am certain, I've been feeling them off and on all weekend. I am to the point of being willing to do anything to get this boy out, so I wanted to walk yesterday. The heat makes my swelling worse so we went to the mall and walked for about an hour. I definitely felt the contractions get stronger and more frequent with walking but it still wasn't anything to get excited about yet. I literally had to stop at every department store to pee and we got several stares, laughs and comments by more obnoxious people, but don't think that's going to stop me from trying to walk this baby out!
I'm not going to hold my breath, but it would be really exciting if my next post was about Gray's birth instead of week 38 ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment