Tuesday, May 1, 2012

33 weeks!

This week Gray weighs a little over four pounds and has hit the 17 inch mark in length. In just 3 more weeks we'll have a full term baby. I can't believe how close it's getting. I don't feel nervous at all right now, just ready. Not to say that won't change, but for now I am just excited to meet our sweet little man . I have enjoyed pregnancy so much but the enjoyment dwindles down by the day as I become more and more physically uncomfortable. It's getting a lot harder to breath and baby boy continues to hang out in my ribs quite a bit. He is so, so low and sometimes when I get up from sitting or lying down, the pressure is so uncomfortable and it feels like he could just fall right out. I am not sleeping for more than two hours at a time so at least the sleepless nights that we'll face soon won't be too much of an adjustment. It seems like as soon as I finally get comfortable, I have to get up to use the bathroom. Seriously y'all, I am going to the bathroom about four times a night and during the day it seems like at least every half hour. It gets on my nerves, especially when I am out in public.

Anywho, the podiatrist wrote me out for another four weeks. Praise the Lord!! My foot has been much better but as soon as I'm on it for more than an hour or two, it starts swelling a little and gets sore. My back is definitely getting worse, which the doctor said it would probably do. I'm able to get a few errands and things done around the house each day but I don't make it long before I have to lay down. I am so thankful that I don't have to be on my feet for 10 hours a day anymore. I am still going up to school once or twice a week to check up on things and get papers to grade. The sub working in my room is a Kindergarten assistant at my school and he has filled in for several long-term sub jobs so he knows what he is doing. He is even grading some papers and has been great about contacting parents, which is more than he has to be doing. I am so thankful for that. My grade levels (since I teach both 4th and 5th grade) have been great about giving him lesson plans, which is another huge load off of me. Also very thankful for that!

I went to the OB on Friday. I hadn't been in a month and was so looking forward to the appointment. It ended up being the most disappointing one I've had yet. I saw a doctor I hadn't seen yet and I just wasn't a fan. I felt like for him to have never met me and for me to not have been in a month, he was very vague and the visit was the quickest one I've had. I have a friend whose baby was delivered by him and she said he wasn't her favorite in the office either but was awesome for delivery. I guess that's what will matter if he ends up being the one to deliver Gray. I have already hit my goal weight of 30 pounds-YIKES!! The doctor told me to expect another 10 pounds on top of that. Not thrilled about that at all. The doctors had been telling me I was doing great with my weight and was "right on track" but I've packed on quite a bit the last eight weeks or so. The doctor on Friday didn't bring it up to me, I asked him about it. His response was "well, your definitely ahead of schedule in that department". Haha, that was the one thing he said that I liked. I thought that was a pretty nice way of putting it. And considering he wasn't the one to even bring it up tells me it must not be too big of a deal. I plan on getting on the post-baby work out as soon as I can after Gray is born. I know it won't happen over night, but I am really determined to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I go back next Friday and am looking forward to more regular appointments.

We had our second birthing class last night. We learned all about coping techniques during labor and all of the possible positions for labor. We even got to practice them ;) I am certain Paul will be the most amazing support during labor. He is definitely the more laid back and calm one out of the two of us and he always seems to balance me out in the most perfect way. We also learned a little about epidurals but will learn a lot more about that next week.

My amazing friends threw a wonderful shower over the weekend. The decorations, the food and the gifts were all far more than I could have ever imagined. I am having major issues with Blogger though and am unable to post pictures. Last week when I signed in it told me I needed Google Chrome in order for Blogger to work right. I use my school laptop though and am unable to download Google Chrome. Even though it looked weird and was harder to do, I was still able to post. This week I am able to post but it will not let me upload pictures. This is tragic! We are planning on getting a new laptop sometime soon since I'll have to give mine back to the school system when I resign. But until then, if y'all know anything about this or what I can do, please comment and let me know!

Have a good week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment