Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Monday!

Mondays definitely didn't used to be a very happy day for me. As I've shared to some degree, this school year has been very challenging and Mondays were the most dreaded day of the week. Since I've been written out of work, that has certainly changed. Despite my foot and back causing me a lot of pain, I am so thankful not to have to be on my feet for 10 hours a day in a stressful work environment.

Mondays have actually become one of my favorite days. Paul doesn't have soccer after school so he gets home early. Sophie and I love when Daddy comes home!  I usually stay off of my feet most all day and don't do much of anything so I can save my foot and back for a fun afternoon and evening with Paul. I really hate laying around but have had plenty of thank you cards to write and reading to catch up on to keep me "busy" while being off of my feet. We started our birthing classes two weeks ago and now we have that to look forward to on Mondays too. Last Monday before our class we went and bought our stroller and a few things from our registry that we still needed. Tonight we'll probably do the same. Since we had our last shower last week, we know what we still need and have several gift cards to help us get those things. I wouldn't say I have entered to full-on nesting stage, but I am having a little sense of urgency to get the rest of everything done and bought before Gray comes.

Today's lay-low Monday house chore consists of doing baby laundry. Until today I hadn't washed one single blanket, burp cloth or any clothes. I'd been waiting to see what all we got from our showers so I knew if any sizes needed to be exchanged. Also, we really didn't have that many clothes at all because I knew we were going to be getting a ton of hand-me-downs from my friend Lindsey. I got those from her last week and OH MY GOODNESS there is some cute stuff! Gray is going to be one well dressed little boy. So the baby laundry should be done by today or tomorrow and then I need to spend time sorting and organizing sizes and clothing items (sleepers, onesies, "going out outfits", etc.). We didn't have room in the nursery for a dresser and the closet is reeeeally tiny so I am going to have to be very diligent about how I organize his clothes. Even still, I can't think of a better way to spend a Monday. Thankful.

Y'all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment