Still here. Still pregnant. So all those people who swore I wouldn't make it til June were clearly mistaken. Dang-it!
Gray could be almost 20 inches long by now and over six and a half pounds. My blood pressure got really high again on Tuesday of last week so I called the doctor and they wanted to get some more lab work done so they could check again for protein to rule out preeclampsia. So I had to collect every bit of my urine for 24 hours. Needless to say, I didn't leave the house that day because since I am peeing about every half hour, I didn't want to carry around a plastic pee bowl and bright orange pee bucket with me. And I'm sure y'all will all be so glad I told you this, but I filled up a gallon and a half of those pee buckets in 24 hours. That's a lot of pee! And thankfully all that pee plus four tubes of blood indicated that all of my levels are perfectly normal. Although it would be totally safe for Gray to come at any time now, we are thankful that I do not have preeclampsia.
I went back to the doctor on Friday for my weekly check-up. My blood pressure was back down a little and I had dilated another half of a centimeter. The doctor told me she would be surprised if I made it until my due date, which is exactly two weeks from today. I sure hope she's right but I don't want to get my hopes up. I've been having stronger contractions, some even to the point of almost taking my breath away at first but unfortunately they are not persistent enough to get excited about yet. The doctor I saw Friday made a very similar "bless your heart" comment as last week's doctor when she felt how low he was. She told me not to be surprised if started peeing myself because the pressure of him on my bladder could get even worse. Nice! I've had a cold for about a week now and I think I am going to start an antibiotic tomorrow because it seems like it could be headed in the direction of a sinus infection. I sure don't want to be sick when I go into labor so I am hoping it clears up soon.
Holding out a little bit of hope that tonight's full moon puts me into labor. If not, I guess I'll be back next week for week 39.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
any pictures this week mama? heehee
ReplyDeleteHaha! Besides the fact that I have no interest in remembering how huge I was at this point, the camera is packed in my hospital bag and I refuse to get it out until I am snapping pics of our sweet boy. Now come on Gray!!
ReplyDelete