Tuesday, May 15, 2012

35 weeks!

Only about five more weeks to go! Maybe a little less if we're lucky ;)

This week our boy weighs about five and a quarter pounds and is a little over 18 inches long. He only has two more weeks until he'll be considered a full term baby! His kidneys are fully developed at this point and his lungs and brain are close to being done too. Mostly he is just working on packing on pounds for the last few weeks.

I went to the doctor on Friday and everything checked out great. I'd only gained two pounds in the last two weeks which was good news to me. It was my first time seeing this particular doctor and I really liked him a lot. It helped that he told me everything was "perfect", including my weight and belly measurement. For some reason he didn't say that my belly was measuring as if there were two in there. I wish I could take him everywhere I go so he could answer to all of the obnoxious people I seem to run in to. Like the one at Target today who said, "When are you due-today?" When I told her it was more like five weeks she said "Must be twins." My friend Meredith was with me so it made it a little easier to laugh it off this time.

Apparently this is what one looks like at 35 weeks when pregnant with twins...

I've started packing Gray's hospital bag and plan on getting mine going this week too. Each week gets harder and harder to move around and do things and with the swelling getting worse too, I really want to try to have everything done in the next week or so. Paul and I have starting getting things we still need from our registry and we plan on getting the car seat installed this weekend.

I go back to the doctor next week and they will check things out down there for the first time to see if I have effaced and/or dilated yet. From then I will go weekly until baby boy decides to make his grand entrance.

I'm going to be a mommy real soon y'all. Crazy, but oh so exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment