Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Recap

Most of the weekend was spent celebrating the wedding of my good friend Meredith, and her now husband Chad Tucker. If that names sounds familiar to you, it's probably because you've seen him reporting on Fox 8 news. Chad is a great guy and they really couldn't be more suited for each other. Meredith and I went to high school together but she was a year behind me and we never knew each other well then. We became good friends about 5 years or so ago and have even been to Africa together twice. She has shared in so many of her friends joy as they/we have gotten married and we've been praying and waiting for her husband for a long time. It was so exciting finally getting to celebrate her wedding.

The wedding festivities started with a bridal brunch on Friday downtown at the Screaming Rooster. I'd never been there before and it was a super cute place. Meredith is a hair stylist and is always super fashionable. She's one of those people that looks gorgeous in anything. She loves hats so in honor of that, we all wore one at the brunch. She brought a bunch extra for people like me who don't own a funky hat, because we look ridiculous in them. It may be hard to believe with as silly as I look in this hat, but Meredith can totally pull it off. And it definitely belongs on her and not me!


The brunch was a lot of fun and we even got to meet some movie producers that are here filming the new movie with Owen Wilson. Did y'all hear he was hanging at Mozelle's last weekend? The producers were fun to talk to and they told us how much they are loving Winston and all the southern-ness (pretty sure that is not a word) of good 'ol NC. 

After the brunch everybody headed out to the wedding venue to help with decorations. This big mama went home to put my swollen feet up before the rehearsal dinner. I guess I shouldn't even say "venue"; the wedding was at the home of a couple that Chad knows. Their beautiful home and farm is about an hour away in the mountains and was one of the most stunning places I have ever seen in my life. We had a delicious southern rehearsal dinner consisting of two of my favorite foods,  BBQ and mac and cheese.




Saturday we got there several hours before the wedding to take pictures and whatnot. Meredith and Chad technically only had one bridesmaid and one groomsmen and the rest of us were considered "honorary". We still walked down the ailse and did everything a wedding party would do, but Meredith didn't want us to all have to buy a dress we'd never wear again and have to worry about all the other stuff that comes along with being a bridesmaid. It was really laid back and I loved that she did things that way. We got to wear whatever we wanted, as long as it at least somewhat went with the royal blue and green wedding colors. It's obvious how much Meredith loves pregnant bellies when she insisted I be a part of her wedding, even though I told her months ago I'd be huge by her big day.

The wedding could not have been more perfect.
















Sunday was baby dedication day at church. They have two a year-one every Mother's Day and one in November right around Thanksgiving, which is when we'll be dedicating Gray. We knew several couples who were dedicating their babies and it was such a sweet time. Then our pastor delivered an awesome sermon on women and mothers. Although much of it will not be easy, Paul and I are so excited to become parents soon and plan on trying our very best every day to do life, marriage and parenthood God's way.

I guess you can say I celebrated my first Mother's Day yesterday. Although I don't feel 100% like a mommy yet, it was still a very special day. Paul got me the sweetest card and a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores. My family all got together last night to celebrate all of the mothers. My brother grilled salmon and KING CRAB legs!!! It was so delicious and we all had a great night. We are blessed with wonderful family. It's crazy to think that next Mother's Day we'll have an almost one year old!

Y'all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment