Thursday, May 3, 2012

More baby showers


Leave it to my sweet husband to save the day. He downloaded Firefox and I've been able to get Blogger to work through that...yay!!!

My friends Abbie and Lindsey hosted a baby shower for me on Saturday.
They had been planning this shower for a long time and I knew that with them, it would be amazing. But it was even better than I imagined it would be. There are a LOT of pictures with this post but this blog serves as my main "scrapbook" of memories so I didn't want to leave anything out. And the pictures don't come close to doing the shower justice. Either I don't know how to operate it correctly or my camera does not take good pictures inside.

For a 2:00 shower, there sure was a huge spread of "snacks". I know my friends well so I'd skipped lunch that day. Thanks to Ashley, Alex, Marie and Steph for helping with the food!



Abbie made the cake and as usual she blew us all away. It was so dang cute and the best tasting one yet. Paul and I are still enjoying the leftovers.
I couldn't stop oohing and aahing over all of the decorations.
Look at those precious thank you cards! And they are already all addressed!
Lindsey put some of our maternity pictures out as part of the decor.

They even got some baby pictures from my mom.


 Loved this super cute diaper cake made by my dear Alexandra.
Even matching labels for the water bottles! I think Pinterest had a little something to do with the decoration ideas but they still put a lot of time into it.
There were several people that couldn't be there and I missed them terribly. But to have this many of my favorite people in one place was such a blessing to me!

Meredith is obsessed with my belly. We'll see if she loves hers this much when she's this huge one day ;)






The food, decorations and all of my friends being there certainly would have been enough for this girl! But I also got some really special and nice gifts on top of that! All of the girls from our Sunday School class at church went in together and bought us a stroller! We also got some really cute clothes and some needed items from our registry.
My mom knitted this blanket.
The colors and the pattern are so perfect. It's so beautiful and the time I know she put into it makes it even more special.
As if all the planning and time she put into the shower weren't enough, Abbie gave us this scrapbook for Gray.
She already has every page completely decorated with different events and milestones and there is even a page for every month of his first year.



It just brings tears to my eyes thinking about how much time I know she put into this. She said she started the day we found out we were having a boy. I really can't express how special this gift is to me. And if that still wasn't enough she also made this adorable fleece blanket and burp clothes.

That shower will definitely go down as one of my most special memories of pregnancy!

We had our last shower this week at Paul's school. He is very loved by all of the staff and it showed in their kindness and generosity at the shower.

We got more really cute clothes, a hand-knitted blanket, some needed items for Gray and several gift cards, which is great because we still have a lot of things to get from our registries.

Blessed continues to be an understatement. We are so grateful for all of the wonderful showers we've had and for the love and generosity shown to us by so many people. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment