
I go to the doctor on Friday and I feel like I haven't been in forever since I had one last four week stretch in between appointments. So I am really looking forward to hearing what the doctor says and can't wait to be going every two weeks for the next month.
I am out of work again this week. I went to the podiatrist on Friday. I don't feel like I got all of the answers I would have liked to, but he said that my foot was definitely worse due to pregnancy. He said there wasn't a lot that could be done for it right now but he gave me a brace to sleep in because he said a major tendon in my foot was being affected and he didn't want that to get worse. He also said he felt like if and when I go back to work, he was pretty certain my foot would swell again and be even more painful. So he wrote me out for this week but told me to call later this week if I needed more time. I am hoping it doesn't have to be a week to week basis though because as long as I am not written out for good, I am still responsible for certain duties at school. I have been staying off of my feet a lot, which means I've been staying on the couch more that I'd like. I am NOT a fan of laying around, but it is certainly much better than being in pain. And pretty much as soon as I get up to do anything, my back starts to kill me so it's nice to be able to lay back down. We'll see what happens when I call the podiatrist back later this week.
We went to our first birthing class last night. There were about 15-20 couples there and more than half of them have a June due date and go to the same doctor as we do. We might be fighting for a room at the hospital and a doctor to deliver us! We learned a couple of breathing techniques, learned about when it's time to come to the hospital and all about the three stages of labor. Lucky us even got to watch a video of those lovely stages. We have four more classes and are looking forward to what's on the agenda-there is more to it than birthing videos ;)
Hope y'all have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment