

My cousin lives in Wilmington so since she was so close, she decided to come to this shower rather than my family one that is here next weekend. I hadn't seen her since January so I was happy to get to spend some time with her too. I sure hated not seeing our precious godson though.

Paul's mom's best friend is an excellent baker and made my favorite, coconut cake, with the most adorable elephant on top.

It's not often that my family and Paul's gets to be together but those times sure are special!

Gray got a lot of really nice things. Paul's parents ordered our bedding a long time ago and we got to see it when we were there in January but I was soooo excited to see it again and be able to bring it home!


My mom has been knitting away since the day she found out we were having a baby. I'd gotten a sneak peak of one blanket that she started on before we knew we were having a boy. Other than that though, she has been very secretive about what she's been working on. I was hoping we'd get something she made at this shower. We got the finished blanket that we'd peaked at before...

It is so beautiful and special to me. I have watched my mom knit blankets for most of my friends for years now and dreamed of the day she'd be knitting for my kids. That day is here and y'all, it is so, so special. On top of the blanket she made these stuffed animals.


I opened them one by one and just couldn't believe my eyes. She's never made anything like this before so I wasn't expecting anything like this. These are our four favorite African animals. It's just amazing to me that someone can HAND make this kind of stuff. I could never put into words how much I treasure these already. The thought, love and time that I know went into making these is so precious to me. It was hard not to cry like a baby in front of everyone at the shower!
We also got a lot of diapers, wipes, really cute clothes and some needed items off of our registry. The shower was so much fun and we were blessed by everyone's company and generosity with their gifts. My family is doing a shower next weekend so we already have another one to look forward to!
Have I mentioned how BLESSED we are?
No comments:
Post a Comment