
It is very subtle, but there is a sweet little gingham pattern in the fabric.

We got most of the bedding put on and in place since getting it at our shower last weekend.

Since we bought the furniture used, we had quite a few places to touch up from two precious boys who used it as a teething tool. We finally got that done too. I'd found someone on Etsy who hand painted letters to match our bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. I was so excited about it until the price added up to total 100 bucks! And that's for a four letter name!! We couldn't justify that so it was off to plan B. We went to AC Moore and Michael's and bought about 6 or 7 different sets of letters, brought them home and decided on the perfect ones and then took the other ones back. Then we took our bedding to Lowes and matched up a paint color and bought a sample size for 3 bucks. The letters had to have three coats of paint but otherwise they were very easy to do and the total cost was just under $20. Way better than 100!

Then I finished organizing and putting away everything that we've gotten from our showers so far.


I just love this shelf, which was also included with the furniture we bought from Lindsey and her hubs. The frame on the top was made by and sent to us from Jonathan and Laura, Paul's brother and his wife. I love anything hand-made and the colors could not be more perfect in the nursery. I just love it and can't wait to see sweet baby boy's hand print in there.

That pretty much made things a wrap until we have an overhead light/fan installed, find a small lamp for the night stand and find and/or hang something on the last empty wall. I'm thinking we will hang a picture or two from our maternity shoot and save the rest for pictures of Gray. Speaking of maternity pics, my friend Lindsey that you hear about quite often, did a maternity photo session with us last week. She has a super fancy camera and a love for photography, both of which have been a huge blessing to the Hicksters. She already has a ton of newborn picture ideas and I CANNOT WAIT for that!! She is working on editing our maternity pictures now so as soon as we get them I'll post our favorites-which from looking at them on her camera, that's going to include approximately 75 pictures ;)
Like with the first round of pictures, these were also taken with my brother's wide angle camera.
You can get a better idea of the actual size of the room in this picture.
Especially considering how small the room is, I am so happy with how it turned out. I find myself wandering in there quite a bit lately. I can't wait to be rocking our sweet little man in that cozy little room. And even feeding and changing dirty diapers at all hours of the night :)
No comments:
Post a Comment