



We spent most of our time on the beach.


It seemed like Gray moved constantly while we were there and I loved every minute of it. I'm going to take that to mean he loves the beach as much as his mommy does. Since he's getting bigger, his kicks are more distinct and Paul was able to see his kicks for the first time while we were laying on the beach. With a view of him kicking, the beach just feet away and my hubby right beside of me, I wanted to stay there forever.

The resort had different exotic birds brought in almost every day of the week. Definitely a highlight of the trip!
Although we spent the majority of our time relaxing on the beach, we did venture out for two excursions. One was a sunset dinner cruise. The food was not great but the view certainly made up for it.




One afternoon we went to an aquarium and got to swim with the dolphins. That was something I'd always wanted to do. Since I was pregnant though, my dolphin "swim" consisted of me standing on a platform (with a bunch of little kids who were too afraid to do the "big people swim") where I got to pet the dolphin, teach it how to do a trick and let it kiss me on the cheek. Apparently dolphins can sense when you are pregnant and they are so curious about the baby that they don't pay attention to anyone else. It was still fun being able to see and touch them though and since Paul and I did separate things, we got to watch each other and take pictures. Paul got to actually swim with the dolphins and even got to take a foot push ride.




After long days of soaking up the sun, we dressed up a little at night and enjoyed lots of wonderful meals.







We had a filet and lobster dinner on the beach one night. The food and atmosphere were both amazing.




We had a lovely trip and are so glad we got to have a nice long getaway before the sleepless nights begin in just a few short months. Now it's time to get ready to meet our sweet little guy.
Week 25 post coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment