We started on Gray's nursery this weekend. As I've mentioned before, we bought all of the furniture from my BF Lindsey. She and I played with her little ones while her hubby and Paul were upstairs putting the crib back together and whatnot. I had been so excited all week about getting the furniture and had been imagining exactly what it would look like set up at our house. When we went upstairs to see the finished product, I thought I was going to burst into tears. Apparently the room was even smaller than I thought it was and the crib was even bigger. It looked awful and there was barely any room left for our glider, if it was even going to fit at all. It didn't seem like there was any other way to arrange the furniture and other than leave out the chair or crib, which both seem pretty essential to me, it was flat out not going to work. Later that evening as I was
pouting and resting my back, sweet Paul went in there and played around with the arrangement and found a way to make it very close to perfect. The room is still very cozy, but considering the space we have to work with, I am very happy with it. A few of these pictures were taken with my brother's wide angle camera and believe it or not, it makes the room look bigger than it is.
This the view looking into the room. Ignore the floor lamp. One of our nursery projects includes installing an overhead light/ceiling fan. The empty space on the left is where the glider will go, which will be here in the next week or two.

There is a tad more space in between the changing table and the crib than it looks like.

And we actually can open the closet door despite how close it is to the crib.


Paul's parents have the rest of the bedding at their house and we'll get it at our shower there this weekend. I can't wait to put it on!!! For now I've been enjoying this sweet little pillow.

Lindsey gave me this scrap book board thingy as a wedding gift when we got married. I love it so much and haven't been able to use it since we moved thanks to the whole "don't have too many personal pictures hanging" rule that comes along with having your house on the market. Well dang-it if that rule ain't gonna be shoved out the window now that we are having a baby. For now I put up some baby shower invitations and ultrasound pictures but soon this thing will be crammed with pics of a precious newborn.

I'll put another nursery post up when we get our chair and bedding and tackle a few more little projects.
SOOOOOO PERFECT!!! Ohh my goodness...how exciting! Thrilled for you guys and you move closer and closer to holding little Gray in your arms!
ReplyDelete