Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3rd Trimester Baby!!!

Welp, I am officially two-thirds of the way through my pregnancy. Only 8 more weeks until Gray is considered full term, only 12 (ish, of course) more weeks until we get to meet his sweet self.

At 28 weeks, Gray weighs about two and a half pounds and is getting close to 15 inches long. I continue to feel him move more and more every day and I still can't get enough of it. I love imagining exactly what body part I feel or what specific movement he is doing inside of me every time I feel him. He got the hiccups again the other night and they were a lot more distinct and lasted longer than the last time I noticed it. Baby boy's big skill of the week is blinking his eyes regularly. His lungs and brain are continuing to develop, coming very close to being done with their over-time work load.

I am slowly starting to enter the "miserable" phase of pregnancy. Between my back hurting and my belly making every day necessities a challenge, I can tell I am approaching the final stages. I went back to the doctor yesterday about my back. The muscle relaxer isn't working and I just wanted to see if there was anything else I could take or do. Other than recommending a chiropractor, they basically said "it is what it is" and "get as much rest as you can". Going to a chiropractor and paying a specialist rate co-pay once a week for the next two and a half months isn't really in our budget, especially when she said it might relieve some of the pain but wouldn't fix anything. She also said that I am carrying Gray pretty low already and the pain would only get worse as he drops more and gets bigger. I wasn't surprised by what she said but it was still a little discouraging because I don't have the kind of job that allows me to "rest" during the day and I have the entire 4th quarter yet to go. By the end of the week I truly feel like I cannot physically keep going. Despite the back pain though, I can say I am still loving being pregnant and I certainly don't ever want to take a minute of it for granted.

Here's mama at 7 months...


And since that shirt isn't very tight, I had to get one in a tank so I can remember what I really looked like this week.


We had our first baby shower at my work today. Hopefully I'll get a post up of that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment