

Those pictures were taken just this morning but I don't feel like they do my belly justice. I think that shirt must be a little loose because check out the bump here (this was taken a week ago in Cancun)...

Perhaps this is a good time to interject week 25 updates to report that you should never, under any circumstances, tell a pregnant woman what you truly think of her belly. I have been so amazed at the comments I've gotten from people. I can't even count the number of times I've heard "Are you sure there aren't two in there?", and "Dang, that belly is HUGE already!". Really people?! I mean, it's fine for me to say and think that, but it's somehow very different coming from anyone else. Thankfully I haven't been an emotional wreck during my pregnancy, so I have yet to shed a tear over these rude comments, but it still blows my mind. Paul and I were at a restaurant waiting for dinner one night in Cancun and a lady in front of us turned around and very obviously noticed I was pregnant. I'm thinking she might be getting ready to tell me how cute my maternity dress was but instead she said, "Whoa! When are you due?" When I told her I was due in June, her exact response was "OH MY GOSH, is there only ONE in there?" Had I been thinking a little faster, I would have been very mature and responded with either "No, there are actually three in there" or "I'm due in June, when are you due?" (she was definitely NOT pregnant). I am so thankful that I have had a great pregnancy and that I love my baby bump because otherwise I could be in some serious state of depression right about now. The crazy thing is that almost everyone who has said these things to me has children and has been through pregnancy themselves. Not to mention that not one person who has had this diarrhea of the mouth has not been in the best shape themselves. Ok, I'm done.
Back to week 25.
From head to heel, Gray is about 13 and a half inches long. Sources say he has a lot more hair but as I've said before, he doesn't stand much of a chance in that department, at least not according to mama and daddy's baby stats. His face is now fully formed and he even has all of his eyebrows and eyelashes. He has fingernails now and his tiny hands and fingers are also fully formed. He is able to make a fist and is most likely spending time discovering body parts with those precious little hands. Baby boy's sweet little nostrils are starting to open up this week. I just cannot wait to see and kiss that sweet little nose! His vocal chords are now functioning and because of that, he is even able to have the hiccups, although I haven't felt them yet if he has.
I went to the doctor yesterday. I hadn't been in five weeks because my monthly appointment was due while we were gone last week. Although I feel Gray move every day now, it was still so comforting to hear his heartbeat and that everything is looking good. I've gained 8 pounds since my last appointment, which is a few over the pound a week estimate. I know Gray is growing like crazy, but I thank an all-inclusive vacay for at least a few pounds of that. That puts me at a total of 17 pounds, which sounds like a lot to me but the doctor said it was right on track. I go back in three weeks for my glucose test and they will go ahead and see me for my regular monthly appointment then too. After that I'll go back in another four weeks but then after that I start going every two weeks. It's crazy how fast it's going!
I am still feeling pretty good, especially considering my HUGE baby bump. I think I had my first craving today. It had been about five hours since I'd eaten when I left work this afternoon. I had to stop at the grocery store to get a few things and all I could think about on the way there was cereal. It didn't matter which kind, but I HAD to have some. I've never been a big fan of breakfast so cereal isn't something I typically eat. I got home and scarfed down two big bowls of Lucky Charms and could have easily eaten another two. So, it's hard to say whether that was hunger or a pregnancy craving, but a craving sounds way more fun so I'll go with that.
Ok, I'm sure this more than makes up for not having a week 24 post so I'll shut up now. Y'all have a good week but whatever you do, don't go telling any pregnant ladies how you really feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment