Monday, March 12, 2012

26 weeks y'all!

I feel like I say this every week, but this pregnancy really is going by fast. It seems like yesterday I remember thinking about how I couldn't wait to be 15 weeks, and then 20 weeks. Now I'm almost seven months pregnant and only have a couple months to go. I've loved being pregnant and still do, but the closer I get the more ready and excited I am to meet our sweet baby boy.

Gray is almost two pounds this week! The estimated weight starts to really vary depending on the baby source, but two out of three of mine lean towards two pounds so I'm going with that. I don't know about Gray, but I sure feel bigger this week.


The rapid weight gain that he is putting on is not only evident in my belly, but also in the feel of his movements. I cannot even tell y'all how much I love feeling him move. It's the most amazing thing in the world and every time I feel him I just try to imagine what he's doing and how he's positioned at the time. The other day I could feel and see the strangest movement yet. It felt like he'd just woken up from a long nap and was stretching those sweet little arms and legs of his. I don't feel him as much during the day since I'm on my feet and moving constantly, so I live for the moments I get home and can see and feel him gettin jiggy with it in my belly.

Big boy is about 14 inches long from head to heel. His lungs are still super busy working to prepare for life in the real world and he is even starting to inhale and exhale small amounts of amniotic fluid. Our boy now has his very own fingerprints and footprints and all of the components that make up his eyes have developed and they even are starting to open.

I started having some major back pain about a week ago. It feels like I've maybe pulled a muscle or something, rather than typical pregnancy back pain. Laying flat on my back or on my right side is the only thing that relieves the pain. Standing and even sitting are what makes it hurt the worst, which makes teaching and being on my feet 10 straight hours every day cause for some long days. For most of the day today it was finally starting to feel better but by the end of the day I was in quite a bit of pain. I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to see if they can give me something other than tylenol, because that is not even touching the pain. Other than that, I am still feeling pretty good.

I found out today that we are getting the nursery furniture not this weekend but next. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I'd been thinking it was going to be the end of April before we got the furniture but my friend Lindsey (who we're getting it from) is moving her two year old to a big boy bed and his new room is going to be ready sooner than she thought. We're going to spend this weekend cleaning out closets and moving some furniture around to empty out what is now our office but will be Gray's room. We'll have to store a couple pieces of the nursery furniture until we move one day since our office/Gray's soon-to-be room is not much bigger than a large closet. But I'm just so excited to start working on his room I don't even care.

Come on weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment