We had a very busy, but great weekend.
Friday night started with dinner at my friend Kristen's house with her hubby, Jimmy, and their sweet little one, Grace. I taught with Kristen for two years but she retired last year to be a stay at home mommy. I actually took her teaching position and classroom this year. We haven't gotten to see or even talk to each other as much as we both wish we could because "life" has just gotten in the way. So it was so, so good hanging out with them. We joke but yet are very serious about planning an arranged marriage for Grace and Gray. It isn't every day you find a couple who shares as many of the same beliefs and values and they are definitely one of them. Jimmy is in medical school and will actually find out this Friday if he matched to do his residency here at Wake. We are praying so hard that he does because Paul and I both could use them around for many years to come. Plus, Grace and Gray need to go ahead and start getting to know each other so Kristen and I can get on some early wedding planning ;)
I hate I didn't snap any pics of sweet Grace but check out this adorable bib that Kristen got for Gray
It couldn't be more perfect! It was the first thing I've gotten with his name on it and I nearly peed my pants.
Saturday morning Paul and I headed out to get some baby things done. We ordered Gray's glider thanks to my very generous Mom and Gram! The gilder is the only piece of furniture we had to worry about since we are buying everything else from my friend Lindsey. We've been looking at them and pricing them at several different stores for a couple of months now, so it was so exciting to finally get it ordered. It will be here in just a couple of weeks! Babies R Us was having an expo this weekend so we went there to check it out. It wasn't much of anything, but we got to show my mom some things we registered for and I went ahead and got my diaper bag. I'd been thinking I wanted a really cute one and just haven't found one that was "it" and that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I wanted to get something that wasn't too girly, since we're not even having a girl, plus I know Paul will be helping me carry it a lot (sweet man already carries my purse when it starts to hurt my shoulder). I ended up getting a plain black one that is in the shape/style of an over-sized purse but with lots of good pockets. I don't know what Paul was more excited about-the fact that it was only 40 bucks or that it didn't have flowers all over it.
I may have mentioned before that my good friend Abbie and her husband are foster parents and have been fostering two twin four year old boys since August. Paul and I have babysat them before but we got to keep them overnight this weekend. Chris and Abbie hadn't had a night without the boys since they got them and they went out of town for a night. We were so excited for them to be able to get away and even more excited to spend time with those precious boys. I won't share their names or any pictures in order to respect their privacy, but just picture two of the cutest, dark hair, dark eyed boys you've ever seen. It's been a very challenging time for Abbie and Chris, to say the very least. Besides the fact that they went from a family of two to a family of four in less than a day's notice, these boys came from a pitiful situation all around. They knew very little when they first came to live with Abbie and Chris. They barely knew their names, let alone any colors, shapes, numbers or letters. And they definitely didn't know what any type of structure or discipline was at all. Just a half of year later, you'd barely know it was the same two children. They have learned so much and come so far. We took them out to eat Saturday night and to church on Sunday and they were far better behaved than most of the children we saw who are twice their age. The weekend with them was truly a delight and a blessing. I don't think Abbie and Chris will ever know what a blessing they are and what an impact they are having on those two precious boys. I respect them so much for what they are doing and have no doubt that they are pleasing God in their obedience to be foster parents. It just makes my heart smile.
Sunday evening was busy playing catch up on cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry. We were scheduled to have a showing today so we were up really late getting the house spotless and everything put it its place. I had one of the crappiest days today that I've had in a long time and the icing on the cake was when our realtor called an hour before our showing to tell us that the people had cancelled. It's times like those when our house being on the market is really difficult. It's been three years now. THREE! And today is certainly not the first and probably won't be the last time that has happened. But if that's the worst thing that we have to face all day, I'd say it's a real good reminder of how very blessed we are.
Signing out, gotta get busy on week 26!
No comments:
Post a Comment