Monday, February 20, 2012

23 weeks

Some of my baby sources say I am six months pregnant starting today, some say I'll be seven months in just another two weeks. Regardless, I am certainly starting to feel more pregnant by the day. I am getting to the point of being uncomfortable at times, especially after I eat and my belly is full or after I've gone up the stairs at school for the nineteenth time of the day. With the daily expansion of my bump, it's getting harder and harder to paint my toenails and put my shoes on. I know all you moms are thinking "JUST WAIT". If I had even a penny for all of the times I've heard that so far, I'd be one rich mama! That might even be worth a whole separate blog post one day. Anyway, thankfully I am still feeling pretty good most of the time and am certainly still loving pregnancy.

This week Gray weighs a little over a pound and is a little over 11 inches long. It's crazy that he is already probably more than half the length of what he'll be when he's born. He can now sense my movement and he is able to hear more distinct sounds. Paul and I talk to him every night and tell him how much we already love him. This week baby boy is busy developing blood vessels in his lungs and at this point, they would even be strong enough for survival in the real world. Of course we are praying every day that he stays inside of me for several more months, but it's comforting to know that he is to the point of it being possible for him to survive outside of the womb if something were to go wrong and he had to come early. I am starting to feel more powerful movements from our little man. I usually feel him at night when we get in bed and I'm very still. It's my favorite part of every day. Paul felt him again the other night and the kicks were a lot stronger than what he felt the first time. It is so amazing!

Mama and Gray at 23 weeks...


Daddy and I are getting more excited by the day to meet our sweet, precious son.

No comments:

Post a Comment