Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday night my dear friend Alexandra invited Paul and I to the annual Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club fundraiser dinner. Our church sponsored a table and we felt honored that out of the 947 people Alex could have invited, she chose us ;) It was so encouraging to hear all of the wonderful things that the club is doing in the lives of young people in our community. We even got to hear testimonies from children, teenagers and even grown adults who have been greatly impacted through the club. Jim Caldwell, the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts was the guest speaker. He was an awesome speaker and his power point presentation was one of the best I'd ever seen. Paul got to meet him and get his autograph.


Saturday we went to the Greek Festival with my family. It was the least crowded I'd ever seen it before. I think the rain scared everyone off but I enjoyed actually being able to find a seat to eat at. The food was just as good as ever.





We even got to hang with the Sowers for a bit.




The rest of Saturday was super busy with errands and whatnot. That evening we went to our friends Heather and Andrew's house for a good 'ol game night. There were way to many "ya had to be there" moments so I won't even try to tell them. Let's just say that I nearly peed my pants and I stayed up way past my bedtime.

We spent yesterday cleaning and working around the house. We had a showing last night and had to get it "show ready". With our house being on the market, we have no choice but to keep it pretty clean since we never know when it will be shown (although they are so few and far between). But somehow it still took us ALL day to do laundry, put laundry away, mow weed eat the backyard and clean, clean, clean. The showing was from 6:30-8:00 so we were forced out of the house for a while. Paul was helping with spring soccer tryouts for the club he works for so I ran more errands and went to my mom's house. We got home a little after 8:00 and to our surprise, there were still two cars in front of our house. So we went across the street and chilled in the bank parking lot where we could still see and spy on these people that were in our house (still a little weird to me). At 9:00 they finally left. 9:00!! That totally called for a Bon Qui Qui style "RUDE!" I mean unless we get an offer from these people, I felt it was quite tacky of them to stay an hour past the show time and until 9:00 on a Sunday evening. The realtor did leave his business card so we are hopeful that we will at least hear some feedback. But after more than 2 years on the market, we do not get our hopes up anymore. As I have said before, when the day comes that we do get an acceptable offer, we'll be more than excited. But for now we are content and the longer we're there, the better it is financially. God knows what He's doing.

Today has sure been a Monday. Only 20 more days of school left though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment