Friday, May 6, 2011

This week

Whew, what crazy week! I feel like I have done nothing but run, run, run this week. I am looking forward to things slowing down just a little.

I decided for sure this week that I am going back to Kenya! Unlike the last 2 times I have been, I had a hard time deciding if it was the right thing to do. After making the decision, I have a huge peace about it and although it will be tough for many reasons, I know going is the right thing. I feel very certain that this will be my last trip for a long, long time. Paul and I want to start a family sometime in the near future and I don't see me leaving any babies for half a month.

My mom is going back too and we have already started making some plans. My mom, Daphne (a good friend who has also been twice and went with us last year) and I are going to have a big yard sale and fundraiser to help with raising the money needed to get us there as well as money needed to buy things for the Nationals when we get there. We are collecting donations for the sale and have already gotten a great response from some people. It will not be your typical yard sale with a bunch of junk, though we will have some of items for a dime or a quarter, we will be selling things such as furniture, electronics and nice clothes. The yard sale is going to be Saturday, June 11 and will be indoors in case it rains. If you have any items you would like to donate, contact me directly and please plan to come if you are able.

I can hear those sweet little African children right now and can't wait to step foot in the bush of Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment