Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This and that

Things have finally seemed a little less busy this week. Because of all the rain we've gotten, a lot of Paul's soccer has been cancelled and I haven't had near as much going on as I did the past few weeks. Yesterday I had a meeting after school, went to the gym and was still home by 5:00. That never happens and it was the best feeling ever!

We had another showing today. It was not the same person that looked on Sunday but it's still encouraging that we are getting at least some action. After tracking down the realtor from our showing on Sunday evening, our realtor got this out of him..."The showing went great! The house was very clean and organized, free of debris and odor and very nicely decorated." What?! They stayed an hour past the scheduled time having a nice long chit-chat and that's what we get? And free of debris? How random is that? And by "it went great", does that mean you'll be coming back for a second showing or could we have at least gotten an "although it was clean and free of debris, my client is not interested in making an offer because of_______", or something of that nature?! We have to just laugh at these things and keep on keepin on. No matter what we're going through Paul always says to me "But we're together." He helps me keep things in perspective. The important things are not where we live, not how much money we have don't have, not how long our house has been on the market, not whether I will have a job or not next year or any of the other unknowns in life. All of those things seem different when he reminds me that we're in it together. We'll see if we hear anything back from today's showing. In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying a reason to keep our house spotless.

Paul still randomly views and sends me the link to our engagement session slide show. He sent it to me today and it made me smile.

Tomorrow is Paul's birthday. I am super excited about the other present I got him. I am hoping it at least comes close to beating the metal detector gift. I better not let it out just yet in case he gets on to read this later.

Happy hump day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment