Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend at the lake

We were blessed this weekend by the generosity of one of Paul's co-workers. He and his wife have a place at Lake Norman and have graciously let us stay there several times now. It was so nice to get away and it was such a beautiful weekend! Some friends of ours were there with their boat on Saturday and we got to enjoy several hours on the lake. I was so excited to get some sun on these pasty white arms and legs of mine, and let me tell you...I got some! A little more than planned actually. And a little more red than tan. I waited an hour to put sunscreen on thinking I would get a little sun before lathering myself in spf 50 for the rest of the day. That was a mistake! My back and shoulders are quite crispy. Aloe will be my best friend for the rest of the week.



Saturday night we had dinner at our favorite LKN spot, North Harbor Club.

Paul went with the pork chop, his favorite there.


I had been wanting to try their crab cakes since we ate there the first time. They are definitely my new favorite! It came with a delicious chick pea mash and check out that massive zucchini on top. As Paul would say, "it made me want to smack somebody!"


Despite the sunburn, we had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment