Friday, May 20, 2011

Paul's Birthday

Paul wanted a sushi feast for his birthday dinner so we'd planned on going to our favorite sushi spot, Downtown Thai. I got on their website so I could make a reservation just in case, and was so disappointed to see they wouldn't have sushi from May 1-20. Just one day too late. They didn't have sushi for almost the entire month of April because their chef went to Thailand so I am guessing he decided to extend his stay there. I actually think it's smart of them to just not offer sushi rather than have another chef come in that might not be as good. So anyway, we went to Wen Hwa instead, a cute little Asian Fusion restaurant downtown. The food was delicious!

I found the perfect card for Paul's birthday.




If you're not sure why that was the perfect card, then you must have missed this story.

Inside the card were tickets to JOURNEY!!! Paul and I both love Journey and they are the reason for many sweet memories of when we first started dating. I saw them in concert years ago and have known Paul would give anything to see them himself and especially together. He was very excited! The concert is not until August so we will have a long time to look forward to it.

American Idol was the perfect ending to his birthday evening. It's pretty much the only show we watch during the week and we are hooked! I was not a fan of Haley AT ALL. I thought she was very arrogant and could not take criticism so her attitude turned me off a long time ago. I love how humble and genuine Scotty and Lauren are so we were so excited that they made it to the finale.

Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment