Thursday, June 16, 2011

There isn't a good title for this one

I hate to be a Debbie Downer on this beautiful Thursday, but this is not going to be a happy post.

A foreclosure went on the market a few days ago and we'd seen it on Listingbook and loved it. Our realtor sent us a link to a house she thought would be perfect for us and what do you know-it was the same house. She said we might could get them to accept an offer even knowing we couldn't close for a few months and we really needed to go look at it. So we decided to go see it this afternoon. After all, it sounded like way more fun than packing boxes. I got to Paul's school to pick him up to go look at the house and instead this is the news I got...

The lady who was buying our house backed out. For something better. In our neighborhood. And with the real estate laws now, that is all she had to say. I wish I could say I was kidding. We got this news just a short time ago so I am writing with very fresh emotions.

Upset would be such an understatement. We have been through any and everything stressful you can imagine with this deal since the second the first offer went through. She was taking us for everything we had and then some. We weren't thrilled about it, I haven't had the best attitude about it, but nonetheless it was what it was and we were prepared to go there. We were accepting where it was going to put us financially and were finally almost as prepared as you can get to lose a crap load of money and move in with your mom for 4 months. At least after waiting for almost two and a half years for the house to sell, we were finally going to be moving on.

Now we are back to square one, with a lot more emotion behind it than we've already had the past 2 plus years. The stress of packing our house up in a week is gone. With that time now we get to call and cancel the POD and call to say never mind to the gas, the cable, the water, the energy and everyone who had planned to help us pack and or move. Oh, but at least the lady bothered to let us know this before we moved out in a week. What a sweetheart.

I don't want to hear "it just wasn't meant to be" or "it will all work out" or "it could be worse." So instead of trying to think of what you could say-please, please, please just pray for us. I am not trying to be rude, just real. I know those things to be true and I will NOT change my mind about knowing that God knows what He's doing. But I am not going to lie and say that is making it all better either. Because this stinks. Bad. We are leaving in a few hours to go out of town and be with family-all of which "can't wait to hear about the good house news". Instead we'll be trying our best to pretend everything is hunky dory. But it isn't and it's not gonna be anytime real soon.

You can bet I'll be the first one to introduce myself to our soon-to-be new neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment