Friday, June 3, 2011

Birthday Poem

I forgot to add this to the birthday post but it deserves one of its own anyway.

My brother wrote me a poem for my birthday. This was very out of character for him, but that made it even more special. I laughed and cried at the same time.

Dearest sister:

It is on days such as this

When I’m reminded, dear sis,

Of the things you have taught me,

And the joy you have brought me,

Of flesh wounds you’ve given,

Since the time you’ve been livin’,

Of tantrums, fits, and cryin’,

Not seen again until Bryan,

Of Oscar worthy drama,

And our poor, nerve-frayed mama,


But what comes to mind the most,

And gives me cause to boast,

Is the way that you’ve grown,

And the love that you’ve shown,

It is watching you bloom,

Into a great bride for your groom,

So on your birthday, my sis,

It is my sincerest wish,

That you have the very best day,

And allow me to just say,


May you have much joy and peace,

And get to work on my niece!



I will treasure this forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment