We had a wonderful weekend in Wilmington visiting family. Our sweet godson Cole was the perfect distraction to the huge letdown about the house. Unfortunately I couldn't bring my distraction home with us.
It wasn't the most fun coming in last night to boxes everywhere...most of which we will have to unpack now that we aren't moving. I am feeling better than I was on Thursday, but I wouldn't say I am over it, or really even close to over it. I cannot recall ever being this angry with someone I don't even know. I am furious with this woman who was going to buy our house. I should have known she wasn't a good person from the night she stayed over an hour past her scheduled time until 9:00 on a Sunday night. Our realtor was very open with her realtor about where we were financially and what it meant for us after accepting her offer. She lied and said she was at her limit with what she could borrow for the house and that she didn't have ANY money for closing. So she knew exactly where it was putting us financially. Now she is paying $10-$15,000 more for a house and she apparently has enough money not to care that she had already paid to get our house inspected and appraised. She also gave us a joke of earnest money since she "didn't have any more money up front". So of course that wasn't an incentive for her to stick around when something better came along. There were several other stressors that she put us through in the couple of weeks we were under contract-one being that we almost had to fork over another $1,000 to add something to the house. Thank God we didn't go there. I know it's part of the real estate game and I shouldn't take it so personal, but I do. I can't imagine ever doing this to someone. The only reason Paul and I weren't already under contract with a house ourselves is because we were going to have to live with my mom for a while to recover from where this was leaving us financially. Thank God we didn't have to back out on someone like she backed out on us.
I'd like to think that by the time she moves in I will have forgiven her in my heart and will bake her brownies and welcome her to the neighborhood. But right now in my flesh I am not at that place. I am struggling with a lot of "whys?". I don't know what the purpose of this is and we may not ever know. It's hard to want to persevere. It's not easy to praise God in the storm. But I want to and am going to try really hard.
Blog post of our weekend and sweet Cole coming soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment