Friday, June 24, 2011

On the up and up

Yesterday was a week since we found out the bad news about the house. My spirit has been down and I've been in a so-not-like-me funk ever since. I have had a bad attitude and bottom line-was not at all deserving (not that we ever deserve anything from God, but you know what I mean) of any encouragement to come my way.

Wednesday night God brought encouragement to our front door. A man rang our doorbell and told Paul he wanted to buy our house. I know, it's a little weird but nonetheless it was a real person, at our door, wanting to buy our house! He had been looking at it on Listingbook and decided to drive by the neighborhood. He saw our neighbor outside and asked her if anyone lived in our house. She told him we did and that Paul had just gotten home (I was at Bible study). Paul ended up having a 30 minute conversation with this guy and he seemed truly serious about our house. Who knows if anything further will come from it. What I do know, is that God literally sent someone to our door to lift our spirits and bring encouragement right when we needed it the most.

His grace and mercy continue to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment