Monday, June 13, 2011

Amazed!

We had our Kenya yard sale fundraiser this weekend and it was a HUGE success! After working all night Thursday and Friday setting up and getting up at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, I was beginning to wonder if it would all be worth it. A few people had told us not to expect to raise more than a couple hundred dollars. It ended up being a lot more work than we all anticipated and honestly, I think we would have cried at a couple hundred dollars. But God multiplied that a few times and we ended up raising a little over $2,000!!!!

We had some awesome help from friends and family and could not have pulled it off without them. I am so humbled by all of the items people so graciously donated for us to sell and am even more humbled and amazed at the time some people spent helping us. Our friends Abbie and Chris put in a grand total of 15 hours between Friday and Saturday helping us. I know very few people who are as generous with their time as they have been to us. Abbie also made three dozen cupcakes and a bunch of cookies for us to sell and it really helped to add to the total amount raised. Our friend Daphne who is also part of our Kenya team, teaches high school and had to read names at graduation on Saturday. We knew this when we planned the yard sale but it was the only date we could do it and hoped we'd have enough help without her. Her sweet parents stood in her place and worked their butts off.

Our plan with the money raised is to deposit it into a separate account and if any of the three of us (me, my mom and Daph) do not raise all that we need in order to go, we'll split it accordingly. If we all raise our support, we plan to use a small amount of the money on buying supplies needed for our trip prior to leaving and spend the rest on buying Bibles for as many people as possible once we get to Kenya.

I can't thank everyone enough for their donations, prayer, help and support. I am truly in awe of what God did through the yard sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment