Gray is really growing! This week he is estimated to weigh ten and a half ounces, which is two more ounces than last week!! Until this week, our baby sources have measured from head to bottom but this week they start estimating measurements from head and heel. From head to heel this week, Gray is about 10 inches long! Almost a whole pound and almost a whole foot!
I am pretty certain that I am feeling him daily now. It is such a weird feeling and I have been unable to describe it. It's a feeling so slight that I don't even think I would pay much attention to it if I weren't pregnant. But the fact that I am feeling it as often as I am and the location of where the feeling is, makes me certain it's our precious little man. My friend Kristen describes the feeling as popcorn in your belly, which is as close as I can come to an accurate description. It's always pretty quick and I can usually only feel it when I am very still, but it is the most amazing feeling in the world!
We had our monthly doctor's appointment today and everything is looking good. Hearing that heartbeat will never get old! I gained another five pounds the past month, which is a total of nine and one less than my pregnancy sources say to expect by 20 weeks. The sources also say though, to expect a pound a week from this point on...oh boy! My belly and the weight gain number certainly don't seem to match up, but I'll take it! Just today someone I work with told me they'd "be very surprised if there weren't two in there". Oh the things people say! Thankfully my emotions haven't been out of whack with my pregnancy and I am able to laugh off those comments.
Here's the bump at 20 weeks (please don't mind the I-was-about-to-get-in-bed-and-remembered-I-hadn't-taken-a-picture-look)...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes girl, popcorn! Before you know it, it won't feel like popcorn but like something else crazy unexplainable...Enjoy the next half of your pregnancy and we can't WAIT to meet little Gray....especially Grace :) Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteNot sure why it said I posted at 5:24 a.m....promise I wasn't up at that hour!
ReplyDelete