Friday, January 20, 2012

And he shall be called...

Gray Christopher Hicks! It feels so good to have a name for our sweet boy. We've been deciding between that name and Paul Walker (he would be called Walker). Paul's middle name is Christopher and I wanted to use part of his name in either name we chose. We both have always loved the name Walker but Gray is very special because it is a family name. Paul's late grandfather and uncle were both Gray. As much as we love Walker, using a family name was important to us and we didn't want to regret not using it if we don't have another boy. But maybe our little family will consist of two boys and one girl and then we can still use all three of our most favorite names! In case you're curious, our girl name was going to be Ansley Elizabeth, which we will still use if we ever have a girl.

I also love Gray because it is very uncommon. I have always loved names that you don't hear everyday. I have known of one or two little boys named Gray and Paul has known one. All were very cute and sweet too, which helps us like the name even more ;) With Paul and I both being teachers, there are so many names we like but would never use because of certain memories associated with some particular children. And that's all I have to say about that.

Gray Christopher, Mommy and Daddy love you so much already! We pray for you every day and will continue to do so as long we live. We want you to stay warm and cozy inside of Mommy for a few more months, but we are already so excited to meet you!

2 comments: