Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 17

This week baby is about 5 inches long and weighs about 5 ounces. His/her skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone. Sweet pea is already starting to form body fat and sweat glands.

All of my baby reading sources tell me I am entering a growth spurt. Wait, I think they meant Baby...but that means I am too, right?! My bump seems to be growing daily and I continue to love it. I'm finding myself touching and rubbing it more and more. I still haven't felt any movement and may not for another week or two. I feel extremely blessed to feel as good as I do. I've been having a little shortness of breath here and there and can feel things stretching inside of me, which is often uncomfortable. I haven't slept through the night since I was about 7 weeks pregnant. Between 2-4 trips to the potty and trying my best to sleep on my side, sleeping is just more difficult these days. But if that's all I have to complain about, I'd say this pregnancy is going great!

One of the most common questions I get besides "Are you sure there aren't TWO in there?!", is people wanting to know what I am craving. Honestly I haven't had any real cravings but I do find myself wanting things I know I can't have, like a Beach Club from Jimmy John's (deli meat and sprouts) and I think it's definitely safe to say I am going through sushi withdraw. I am already dreaming about what my first post pregnancy meal will be. Other than that, I find myself being more picky than ever if anything. Things like chili, salmon and chicken that I used to love just don't seem too appealing to me at all. I can't eat nearly as much at a time either. It's like I can literally feel my skin stretching after just a few bites and it HURTS! But then about 2-3 hours later I am starving and feel like I haven't eaten all day. We've had a lot more leftovers around here, which is probably a good thing.

Here is what I'm looking like at 17 weeks.


Needless to say, I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not I ate too much over the holidays...it's quite obvious that there's a baby in there :)

One week from today we will know if we have a sweet little boy or a sweet little girl. I've had about half and half as far as guesses go. Some people think that because I am "all belly", that means it must be a boy. Other people are certain it's a girl. We have two boy names and one girl name picked out. If it's a boy, I think we'll decide between the two pretty quickly because I just can't wait to call that sweet little booger by name. We still have no idea what it is and are just excited to know either way. We already love him/her so much. This is simply the most amazing experience I've ever been through, and it's not even to the best part yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment