Baby boy is growing, growing, growing! Several people at work today told me they thought "he" had grown a lot over the weekend. In other words, "dang your belly has gotten even bigger!"...haha! I definitely look like most of my friends did when they were 25-30 weeks, but I love my bump and I'm not uncomfortable (yet) so this big mama ain't complaining (yet). Here's a picture so you can see for yourself...

This week Gray is estimated to weigh three-quarters of a pound and is about 10 and a half inches long. He now has eyebrows and eyelids. I can't wait to see his beautiful little blue eyes! My baby sources say that soon his movements will feel more like full on kicks rather than slight flutters. Last night I was feeling him move so I put my hand on my stomach to see if I could feel it that way too. Sure enough, I could! I was so excited because I thought Paul would be able to feel him too, but every time he'd put his hand on my belly Gray would stop moving. Hopefully soon Paul can experience the joy of feeling his son moving inside of me. It is just so, so amazing!
I am still feeling great as far as pregnancy goes, but I have been sick for going on two weeks now. What started out as a cold turned into a sinus and double ear infection last week. I've been on antibiotics for five days now and honestly have felt worse each day since I started the medicine. I get about three sinus infections every year and I'm afraid I've become immune to amoxicillin. I wasn't thrilled about taking an antibiotic while being pregnant, but the doctors say it's safe and much better than an infection roaming my body. Hopefully I won't have to go back for a second round. On top of already feeling like poo, I woke up with my eyes completely crusted shut yesterday morning. It was disgusting and painful. I have NEVER had any kind of eye funk so this was a first for me. We went to the CVS Minute Clinic (best thing in the world if you've yet to discover it) Sunday morning and I was diagnosed with conjunctivitis. That just sounds nasty! So they gave me some prescription eye drops and my eyes are already less funktified today. I can't even tell you how many people asked me at work today what happened to my eyes and if I'd been crying, and they look ten times better today than they did yesterday. It sure was a good self confidence boost coming to work today between the belly and the eye comments ;) Oh, and unfortunately the majority of my 28 fourth graders haven't seemed to give a flip that I feel like crap, which hasn't made things any better.
On a more exciting note, we registered yesterday. One of my long time BFFs Lindsey went with us. She has two little ones and we wanted some expert advice so that number one, we weren't there for nine hours and number two, so we didn't just get scanner happy and register for all kinds of unnecessary items. It was a lot of fun but very overwhelming! It was so hard deciding on what we thought we'd really need and what was the best deal but what was the safest. We knew having a baby wasn't going to be cheap but DANG! All of the big stuff we registered for is pretty gender neutral. We will be re-using all we can for baby number two, even if it's a girl.
Now I just need February and March to fly by so I can start on Gray's nursery! No pressure Lindsey, no pressure ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment