Monday, January 2, 2012

16 weeks

I am exactly 16 weeks today. Four months down, five to go! I can't believe how fast it's going already. I'm sure towards the end when I am waddling around and can't put my own shoes on, that it will be going by much slower. I have felt great for about six weeks now and am absolutely loving being pregnant! I am sure that will also change in another three or four months, but for now I am focusing on the positives. We went back to the doctor last week and everything is looking good. We got to hear sweet Baby's heartbeat again and seriously, I don't know of many better things in life right now. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that I have only gained 5 pounds so far. I haven't been eating like crazy or craving anything yet, but I was certain that this growing bump was at least 10-15 pounds already.



As of now, baby Hicks has accomplished all of the following (just to name a few of course):

*though they are still growing and changing, Baby Hicks has developed his/her brain and all body parts

*hands and feet are no longer webbed and sweet Baby already has reflexes and is moving those arms and legs all around, although I won't be able to feel him/her for another 2-3 weeks

*his/her heart has already divided into four chambers and as of this week he/she is pumping 25 quarts of blood every day

*tiny teeth have begun to form, along with sweet little finger and toe nails

*Baby is already making and floating around in his/her own pee pee

*he/she is able to make facial expressions and suck his/her thumb

*he/she can now sense light and as of this week may be able to hear Mommy and Daddy's voices

(I hate all of the "his/her" but I just can't stand calling our baby 'it")

*Baby has grown from the size of a poppy seed to a 4 and a half inch avocado

Reading and learning each week what our baby is doing inside of my womb is one of the most fascinating things to me. I have become even more in awe of our Creator...what an amazing God we serve!

We find out in just two weeks from today what we are having. I sure hope Baby cooperates and isn't hiding his/her little parts. I still don't have any kind of feeling as to what it will be and I honestly still do not have a preference. Mommy and Daddy will just be thrilled to call this baby by name and start planning things in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment