Monday, September 6, 2010

Last week in Kenya

The last week in Kenya our team did a youth conference and Holiday Bible Club. I participated in the HBC, which is also what I did the first time I went to Kenya. HBC is pretty much like a mini Vacation Bible School. We went to a different church every day. We told Bible stories, played games, sang songs and just spent time loving on those precious children. Our team was able to buy about 1,000 Bibles to give out at the youth conference and the churches we went to for HBC. The majority of the children (and adults) do not have a Bible and cannot afford one. We had more than 100 children come to most of the churches for HBC.

They managed to squeeze about 140 children into this tiny mud hut church.







This was the biggest church we saw. I think someone must have donated a lot of money to this church. They had a keyboard, speakers and a microphone. Those things are very rarely seen in most of Kenya.




Even though there could never be enough words or pictures to fully express my experience in Kenya, I hope they have helped. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it yet, and I hope I never do. I want to be forever changed because of my time spent there. I hope and pray that I have the opportunity to continue to be a part of God's mission in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment