Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend fun

'Twas another fantastic weekend for the Hicksters! Friday night was homecoming at the high school that Paul coaches at. His goal keeper was also being recognized for athlete of the month, so we went to show our support.



After the game we headed to Lake Norman for the rest of the weekend. I think it's safe to say that this is our favorite local get-away. One of Paul's co-workers has a condo there and this was the second time he has offered to let us stay there for the weekend. We are so grateful for his generosity.

I could so get used to waking up to this every day.


Some friends of ours were also at the lake so we hung out with them on the boat all day. It was the most perfect day to be spent on a boat! Paul learned to wake board for the first time. I was afraid of doing anymore damage to my knee, so I just had a good time watching. I'm sure I would have done great at it if I had tried. Just sayin ;)





Paul and I had a lovely dinner at one of our most favorite restaurants, North Harbor Club. It has a beautiful lake view and the food is AMAZING!! The little white lights in the trees make me happy. Definitely an ALL UP IN IT kind of place :)


I enjoyed a Greek salad and swordfish and Paul had the biggest pork chop I have ever seen.





Sunday there was a mini Kenya reunion for lunch and I couldn't stand the thought of not being there, so Paul and I made a last minute decision to head home from the lake to meet them. I am so thankful for these people and the passion that we all share for Kenya.
These are some of my most special rafikis.


We are truly blessed and thankful for our lives. God is good, all the time!

1 comment:

  1. I ate at North Harbor Club several times when I worked in Davidson - so good! And you would've totally rocked the wakeboard, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete