Monday, September 27, 2010

Questions

I found these fall questions on a blog that I follow and thought I'd participate. The Hicksters don't have anything too exciting to report at this time, so why not? :)

1. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees?
I do love Starbucks, especially their seasonal coffees. Pumpkin spice lattes, caramel apple cider and gingerbread lattes are my favorite. However, it's hard for me to justify spending 4 bucks on coffee so it is very rare that I go unless I have a gift card.

2. How do you decorate and prepare for Fall?
Decorating for the holidays is one of my favorite things to do. My mom always had the cutest decorations for every holiday and season and she has passed several of them down to me. We certainly don't have much room for decorating and I have a lot less fall decorations than I do Christmas and winter, but I do put a few things out.



My Gram gave me some beautiful, decorative pumpkins a few years ago that I put by my fireplace. I think they are very unique and I love them!


One of my other favorite fall decorations is a tart burner I got on sale a couple of years ago at Bath and Body Works. Fall scents are my favorite!


3. Will you participate in your college's homecoming activities?
My college doesn't even have football. Haha!

4. What is your favorite Fall clothing item or accessory?
Probably scarves! Although some of my other favorites are hoodies, my cowboy boots and my Ugg boots (that I got for FREE several years ago and have worn the heck out of them). I also love me a good sweater.

5. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
I have no idea. Mom, do you remember?

6. Do you like Halloween/Horror movies? Do you have a favorite?
NO!!! I used to love scary movies and now they give me nightmares, not kidding.

7. What is your favorite Fall activity?
Y'all already know the answer to this. The DIXIE CLASSIC FAIR!!! I also love going to pumpkin patches, planting fall flowers (pansies are my favorite) and going to the mountains to see the beautiful fall leaves. Oh, and I love going to chicken stews. Dang I can't seem to have just one answer to these.

8. What is your favorite Fall recipe/food?
Pumpkin ANYTHING!!! Now I definitely can't answer a food question with just one response. I also love chili and chicken stew. Last night I discovered that Hershey Kisses has just come out with a pumpkin flavored kiss. It's pretty good.

And then she added eight more quick questions, and here they are:

1. What movie coming out soon are you looking forward to seeing? Secretariat. Just a random side note...most of you know I grew up riding horses. One of the horses at my barn was Secretariat's granddaughter. I'm sure he had like a million granddaughters, but still. She was beautiful and so much fun to ride.

2. What will you miss most about Summer?
Having 8 weeks off of work! I will also really miss it being light outside until 8:30
3. When do you start your holiday shopping?
Usually in November but there are always some last minute shopping trips. My family is planning a trip to Disney World this coming spring so we have decided to save money and not buy for each other, so Christmas shopping will be easy this year. Experiences are far better than tangible gifts anyway.

4. Favorite exercise/activity?
Does laughing count as daily exercise? I can't work out much since my knee is out of commission. But what I enjoyed most when I went to the gym were turbo kick and metabolic effect. I don't really count a walk around the block exercise. Although it is much better than nothing and I do enjoying walking outside, if I am going to work out I want to sweat, and sweat hard.

5. Best book you've read lately?
Radical. I strongly recommend this book to every Christian.

6. Do you make your bed every day?
Not everyday. It's harder during the week because I don't give myself much extra time in the mornings, but I do feel so much better starting out the day with a made bed.

7. If you could choose a personal chef or a personal shopper, which would you choose?
Personal chef, for sure. I enjoy cooking but am not good at it and don't have a lot of time for it.

8. Which TV show are you most excited for this Fall?
I don't really follow any TV show in the fall. Not gonna lie, most nights we end up on ABC family watching America's Funniest Home Videos from like 25 years ago.


Okay, that's it. Feel free to tag yo' self.

No comments:

Post a Comment