Our sweet boy is teething already! I've heard of babies teething as early as 10 weeks and Gray will be 12 on Sunday, but I'd really hoped that wouldn't be the case for us. I hoped we've have a few weeks of a consistently happy baby between colic and teething, but I guess not. A couple of weeks ago he started drooling really bad but didn't have any other symptoms of teething and at his two month check up our pediatrician said that sometimes babies just drool. Welp, we are certain that that isn't the case anymore. The one thing Gray has had pretty down pat through all of the roughness is sleeping, especially at night anyway and he's gotten to be a pretty good napper too (if we are home, of course). He hasn't slept great the past couple of nights and a few days ago he started chewing on his hands but it was different than the way he's done it before. Yesterday he fought sleep from noon to midnight-only sleeping about 20 minutes at a time. He's had a slight fever and has been sneezing up a storm. We can't see the tooth yet but we think we can see where it is trying to come in. We finally gave him some tylenol late last night and he slept about six hours.
I am hoping to join a Wednesday morning Bible study at my church during soccer season until I can meet back with my girls in the evenings. Today was the first day. I've hardly been anywhere this week because I dread how upset Gray gets every time we get in the car. I was so excited to get out. To be around women. Or just adults for that matter! And especially excited to get back into a Bible study. Within about a half hour they were coming to get me. I got up to his room and he had settled down. They had more babies than they'd expected and Gray did not tolerate being put down for very long and he was already fussy from a lack of sleep and his poor gums being sore. They told me to go back since he had stopped crying. It was hard, but I did. Of course I couldn't relax or focus the entire rest of the time though. When I got back up there to get him, they said he refused his bottle. I went right into the nursing mother's room and he chugged it. I am not bashing the child care at our church WHATSOEVER, because I know that first of all, I have an extremely high maintenance baby. But second, no one is ever going to take care of him the way Mommy and Daddy do. I've heard all my mommy friends say that and I now know exactly what they mean. He screamed the whole way home from church and I was close to doing the same. We'll give it a try again next week. I know things will get easier, I'm just starting to wonder how far away we are from that.
Our pediatrician was trying his best to encourage us last time we were there. He said Gray was an "extreme" case of a difficult baby and that it was more rare for him to be like this than not. He said the good news about us having such a difficult time with Gray is that baby number two will seem like a breeze one day. Praying now that he is right!
I truly don't mean for any of what I write on here to be a complaint. I am just being honest with myself and those of you that read this. I love our boy so much and as hard as things are, I would never go back to life before our Gray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying, praying, praying for you - Hopefully one day this will all be something you look back on and realize what an amazing mama you are!
ReplyDelete