Today is the first time in 8 years that I didn't return to school after summer break. Though I technically resigned with the school system over a month ago, it didn't really sink in until today, which is when teachers started back to work. That means that Daddy started back to work too. Although he did soccer camps and coached most of the summer, he was still home a lot more than he will be now. I am so thankful for the time we had together this summer; Gray seriously could not have been born at a more perfect time. But it really hit me when Paul got up to go to work this morning that I don't not have a job, I just have a new one-as a mom. I am sure any and all people who have children would agree that a stay at home mom is certainly a job, and not an easy one either. During the worst of Gray's colic days, there were times that I joked about getting my job back. And even though he is growing out of those days, I know there will probably be times to come when I wish I had a different job, at least for a few hours. But I know that my new job is the right one for our family right now and I truly am thankful and excited about it.
I'd say I've had a pretty successful day at my new job. Gray went back to sleep this morning until 10:00, which was awesome because we missed a lot of sleep over the weekend (add black beans to the list of things I can no longer eat while nursing). He went down for his first nap at 11:00 and slept almost an hour so I was able to get a shower without anyone being here, which is a miracle! Then we went to see Daddy at work. He was dying to show Gray off to all of his staff. He screamed the whole way there and back, but other than that he has been a very happy boy today and has been napping for over two hours already this afternoon!
The next few months are going to be hard because Paul will be teaching all day and coaching all evening. Soccer season is in full swing and most days during the week he will not even be able to see Gray (awake anyway) because of practices and games. I am hoping that Gray and I can make it to some games but right now he is in a pretty serious schedule mode for the evenings and likes to go to bed around 8:00 or 9:00. He won't go to sleep just anywhere, so it ends up being a nightmare when we're out that time of evening. I always said I wasn't going to let our family be dictated by our baby's schedule, but our evenings are based on his schedule for the most part and it's just what's best for right now. Also, it has been recently confirmed that Gray HATES the car. I know, I know-most babies love the car, but not ours. It was hard to tell before if that was the case because screaming was just something that occurred most all of the time. But there is no doubt at this point that our little guy is high maintenance about that too. So anytime we are out in the evenings when he is already fussy, heading home is a complete disaster because he hates the car so much that he screams bloody murder the whole way home and and is extremely worked up by the time we get there. So I think we will just have to take things one day at a time and if we make it to some games it will be great, but if we don't there is always next year. We will still be Daddy's number one fan whether we are there or not. And I'm sure Gray and I will be making many trips to Dad's school for lunch, at least during soccer season.
I am blessed and humbled to be able to say I can't wait to go to "work" tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment