Gray had almost a whole week of being a happy baby and we were certain that the colic was long gone. But yesterday we had a turn for the worse. He was fussy in the morning and then slept off and on most of the afternoon until 4:00 but then screamed for 5 hours straight. Over the past week he would still whine a little and have some fussy moments, as all babies do, but the past two afternoons have been the typical colic scream (you can't even call it a cry). He took one really good nap today but has been screaming since about 4:30. And as I've mentioned before, that is exactly the time that Paul leaves every day for soccer. It's still not been quite as bad as it was before because he is at least napping some and doesn't scream all day but it's certainly not just a typical fussy time. Tonight he was having gas pains and screaming so bad that he even refused to eat. We tried nursing and giving him a pumped bottle and he would have nothing of either one. We know it's bad when he won't eat because our boy doesn't miss meals for anything. My mama heart hurts. Bad.
I really thought that even if God was just giving me a break and the colic wasn't over, that I would be so grateful. And I am, truly. But it hasn't made the past two days any easier either. Now I know how happy and fun my sweet boy can be and I want it back so bad. I know he will never remember these days, but it just breaks my heart for him. I feel like he wants to be smiling and talking and making spit bubbles, not screaming and working himself into a sweat for hours and hours.
I was so hoping our little family of three was colic free and we were about to start experiencing a somewhat normal life again. You know, like going back to church or anywhere in public for that matter. I am praying hard that the past two days were just a fluke and we'll have a happy baby again tomorrow.
On a lighter note, Gray will be two months on Friday! I can't believe it. He doesn't go for his two month appointment until Tuesday so I'll probably wait and blog then so I can report his growth stats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment