I went to the beach for a few days last week. My friend Daphne's parents have a beach house at Ocean Isle and they were gracious to have me down to share the week with them. It rained quite a bit but we still had a very relaxing and fun time and got to work on our plans for Kenya-she and I will be teaching together.


We came back late Saturday night so that we wouldn't miss this little sweetheart's birthday party on Sunday.

Precious little Renna Margaret turned 2! They had a watermelon summer themed birthday party and it was so cute. Since her mommy and daddy own Ketchie Creek Bakery, I knew the cake would be nothing short of perfect.



Just look at one of the presents this sweet girl got....OH. MY. GOODNESS. Tiny Toms! You can imagine how loud I squealed when she opened these ;)



This week is super busy for the Hicksters. It's Community Serve week with our church. Community Serve is a week long mission trip in our local communities. One of the ways the community is served through the mission trip is by having a free week long soccer camp. The camp is open to any children in and around the community of Forest Park. Paul always works the soccer camp and I usually work in a school. This year I am also working at the soccer camp and it has been so much fun getting to serve together. I have no skills in soccer whatsoever, but I know as much as some of the children do and I am really good at potty and water breaks. We are out at the camp from 8:30 to about 12:00 and then back at it from about 5:00 to 9:00 for one of Paul's soccer camps. Paul is keeping me busy at his camp with registration, bloody knees and elbows and of course, more potty breaks. Oh, and forcing the children and adults to drink lots of water so nobody goes falling over on us. Y'all, I love summer but it has been HOT! In between camps I am tutoring and trying my best to keep up with lots of sweaty laundry. Needless to say, I am flat worn out!
Not really much house news to report. We had a showing on Friday and Saturday, which was very encouraging because we haven't had any activity since our soon-to-be-new-neighbor backed out on us. One person said the stairs were too steep and the other said the third bedroom was too small. Both of those are things we obviously can't change so that is a little discouraging. But we are still back to feeling ok about things and are praying and trusting in God's will and time.
Happy hump day y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment