Saturday, July 2, 2011

Catching up

Monday evening we had a nice anniversary dinner at the Twin City Chop House. Paul had never been there and it had been over ten years since I had been. We split the filet and shared a coconut cake for dessert. It was delicious!


We left early Tuesday morning to head to Williamsburg where Paul's parents were vacationing. They have a timeshare there and go every year. We skipped Busch Gardens this time but we had a great time relaxing at the pool, wandering around Colonial Williamsburg and eating a lot of really good food.










Paul's brother Jonathan and his wife Laura were there until Wednesday so it was good seeing them even though it was only for a day. They live in northern Virginia and Jonathan coaches soccer too, so we don't get to see them much.



We got back yesterday afternoon, unpacked, took a power nap and headed out to see Katelyn and her band.




It's been months since we've seen them play because they have a lot of out of town shows now and we seem to always be gone when they play locally. They rocked it out as usual and even sang a Journey song for me and Paul. We stayed up way past our bedtime but thankfully Sophie let us sleep late this morning.

We don't have any good house news to report. Our realtor called the random guy who showed up at our house several times and he never returned her phone calls. I guess he was sent strictly as encouragement, and we are ok with that. For the most part, thanks to God's grace, I can say that our pity party days have ceased. As we try to wait patiently, I am back to enjoying having a super clean house and am ignoring the pile of boxes in the corner of the living room.

On a random note, I read Heaven is For Real the other day. I could write for an hour about the book alone, but I'll just say that it was a great book (and a very quick read) and I highly recommend it whether you are a Christian or not.

Does anyone else think it's crazy that it's already July?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment