Monday, December 13, 2010

Good Times

What a fun weekend it was for the Hicksters! Friday night Paul was gone hunting with my brother and nephew so I went solo to our friend Andrew's birthday party. It was the big 3-0 I might add. I hate I don't have any pictures to recap the night. My camera has seen better days and I think the end is in very near sight for her, so most of the time I don't even bother busting it out. A nice camera is definitely on the "when the house sells" list.

Saturday was sweet little Fletcher's first birthday. It was a Dr. Seuss theme and could not have been any cuter! My camera cooperated for the most part and I did manage to get a few pics at the party.



Green eggs


Seuss sweets




My good friend Abbie has recently gotten in to baking cakes and she did a Cat in the Hat cake for the party. It was so stinkin cute!


Fletcher had the best time digging into his own little cake. I think he had more on him than what actually made it into his mouth.





Saturday night we headed to Burlington for an engagement party for my friend Stephanie. She lives in Chicago so I do not get to see her much. It is very unfortunate that I didn't get any pictures that night either. I will plan on stealing someone elses at some point and maybe I will post a few then. The party was a lot of fun and I cannot wait for their spring wedding in Chi-town!

Sunday we enjoyed some Mexican food after church with our BF class. I was going through Mexican withdrawal. I think it had been almost 2 weeks since I'd had it. That evening we went to Abbie and Chris' house for a game night. I don't think I have laughed that hard since...well, probably the night before. But still, I laughed until I nearly peed my pants.

I got to spend time with a lot of friends this weekend and it was such a good reminder of how blessed I am by all of the special people in my life. Thank you Lord!

I will try to make this the last time I rub it in, but this is the last week of school before Christmas break. I look very forward to having 2 weeks off with my wonderful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment