Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend fun

Friday night was date night. We haven't had too many of those lately with all that's been going on. Paul planned date night and he got us tickets to see a play. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed doing something different.

Saturday morning we got up early to go watch my nephew's baseball game and let me tell y'all....it was COLD! We were all bundled up with our hot chocolate and coffee and just got all up in it! After the game we took our weekly trip to Costco. I think the people that work the free samples know us by name. Do most people not go there every weekend for lunch?

After Costco we went home to get some cleaning done and I just couldn't help myself-I busted out the Christmas decorations. I have never done it before Thanksgiving but there were several reasons why I felt this was necessary. For one, I was tired of looking at my pumpkins and fall stuff, which had been out since the beginning of September (I told y'all that decorating for the holidays is one of my favorite things to do). Also, we are going to be out of town Thanksgiving weekend and if I waited until the next weekend, it would only be up for 3 weeks before Christmas. I think Christmas deserves way more than that. I have plenty more justification but I'll leave it at this.




My mom painted these Santas years ago and they are so special to me.


We got part of the Willow Tree nativity as a wedding gift and I got the rest of it for Christmas from my mom and Gram last year. This is my most favorite of all of my Christmas decorations.


Sunday afternoon was the second annual Hicks/ Sowers family photo shoot. Last year we started a tradition with the Sowers (the famous Mason's family) that involves going somewhere fun to take family pics that will be used for our Christmas cards. This will be a lot more necessary for the Hicks when we have little ones, but it's still a lot of fun. This year's spot was Cody Creek in Dobson. If you've never been, I highly recommend going.

Landon and Mason looked absolutely adorable! Between Landon trying to eat the dirt and Mason being silly, I don't know how many pictures of the whole family they will have to choose from. I only took a few pictures with my camera.





Here are a few of us.





I can't wait to get started on our Christmas card. Don't worry though, I do believe I'll wait until after Thanksgiving to send them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment