I am thankful for my house. When I start thinking about how I wish we had more room, this is such a good reminder for me. Our two bedroom townhouse is filthy rich living when compared to most of the world.

I am thankful for my bed.

I am thankful for running water. I don't have to walk miles daily to carry 40 pounds of water on my head just so my family has something to drink and bathe with.

I am thankful that I have shoes to protect my feet.

I am thankful that I have insurance and a doctor to go to when I am sick. This little boy has malaria and no doctor or treatment to help him.

I am thankful for my washer and dryer.

I am thankful for my bathroom. It has a toilet. And it flushes. With running water that I did not have to walk miles to get.

Please know something after looking at these pictures-the people in Kenya do not feel sorry for themselves because of these things. For one, they do not know any different. Most of them have no clue what life in America is like. I thank God for that. I would honestly be ashamed for them to see how we live. But the most important thing is that for Christians, whether in Kenya or right here in our city, we have all we need in our salvation in Jesus Christ. Everything else is so unimportant. We can't take anything with us when we leave this earth. Please don't get me wrong, even after going to Kenya twice, I still find myself often getting caught up in all of the luxuries that our country has to offer. But then by God's grace, I am reminded of these pictures, these images that are so real. My heart is in Kenya, but I also have to constantly remind myself that there are so many people, right here in the middle of our city, that are living without NEEDS. I do not let that depress me, I thank God for his grace, for His many blessings and for His frequent reminder of these things.
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment