Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

Saturday Paul and I went to Boone for the afternoon. I love Boone. I could live there on the days it's actually above 50 degrees.



We enjoyed a delicious jerk shrimp burrito at a local favorite, Black Cat.


You can't go to Boone without a trip to the Mast General Store. Apparently everyone has that theory because there were like 847 people in there.





A lovely trip to Boone was followed the annual Reagan sports/booster club dinner catered by Firebirds. Yum! And the lovely dinner by Firebirds was followed by a girls night to celebrate the soon-to-be Mrs. from my previous post. Girls nights never disappoint! I am so blessed with such wonderful, fun girlfriends in my life.

Sunday after church we had a very special birthday to celebrate. Chuck Peters, otherwise known as "Big Bwana" to his many Africa rafikis, turned 75! Chuck is like a grandfather to me. He has been my Gram's Sunday School teacher for 25 years now and he is who started the mission to Kenya years and years ago. I grew up hearing about Kenya for so many years and it is still such a dream come true that I have gotten to go with him twice now. I find it amazing that at 75 he is still able to go to Kenya twice a year. I know there were a ton of people thanking God for Chuck's life this past weekend.


Big Bwana with his favorite Kenya rafikis!


The rest of Sunday was spent resting and doing a whole lot of nothing, which was exactly what we needed because this week is crazy busy for the Hicksters. Paul has his last two regular season games this week with an extra game as a make-up from bad weather at the beginning of the season. This week will determine what place his team finishes in the conference and next week will be the first play off game. I will miss cheering on the Raiders but am looking forward to our life slowing down a little in the next couple of weeks.

Have a happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment