| SLAYS me I tell ya! |
| Gray/Walker |
He and his brother are keeping me busy as ever, which is why I haven't written in a month. Like I predicted in his seven month post, we've got a fully mobile baby. He is crawling everywhere and getting into everything. We've put up a baby gate so he can't fall down the stairs and thanks to Pinterest we found a way to baby-proof our huge brick fireplace. Other than that we don't plan to do much baby-proofing. Once making the house safe we try to teach "no touch", or at least we did with Gray. So we'll see how that goes ;)
Eating habits-Walker is back to nursing well (about 5-6 times a day) but not taking more than an ounce or so from a bottle, if even that. He is still loving his stage 2 and 3 baby foods and we are trying to introduce table foods now too. He loves "real" bananas and sweet potatoes. He continues to put away Puffs and teething crackers, except for the past few days when his teething has been at its worst.
Sleeping habits-I try to always be home for Walker to take at least one good long nap in his crib. He completely fights sleep at church or the Y but will dose in the car some. If we happen to be home all day he takes at least two good naps and sometimes still three. He goes down between 7:00-7:30 every night. He has not been sleeping well at night and is up anywhere from one to three times. I will only nurse him once during the night and unless we know he is in pain from his teeth, he has to cry it out. As soon as he gets a break from teething he is going to have to cry it out completely because I really don't think he is hungry at this point. And Mama is TIRED!!!
Milestones/New Discoveries-He started crawling a couple weeks ago which is almost a month sooner than Gray did. He is pulling up on his knees and will be cruising around things in no time I'm afraid. He had two top teeth break through a week or so ago, two more top ones two nights ago and he has two more bottom teeth coming through too which will make EIGHT total. He seems to be following in the exact footsteps of his big brother in the teeth department (Gray had 16 teeth when he was just 14 months!!). One of my favorite baby milestones/discoveries of all time is clapping! Walker started clapping a week or so ago but he takes his left hand and "claps" it against his stomach or chest. It is the cutest thing and I nearly die every time he does it. The past few days he has started clapping his left hand to his other hand but only moving the left one, instead of clapping both of them together. If we say "clap, clap Walker" or start singing, he pretty much performs on cue. He waved bye-bye a few times early in the month but hasn't done it since.
| Practicing his clapping and actually using both hands a little here |
Temperament/Mood-A little less content lately even though he is crawling. He has had some really rough days and nights since he's had like 37 teeth coming in. Other than that he is a pretty happy guy. He still seems to have a lot less animated and more chill personality than big brother.
Likes-crawling, pulling up, chasing Sophie, watching big brother, when Daddy throws him up in the air, being tickled
Dislikes-Teething (duh!), getting in his car seat (fine once in the car, thankfully), having something taken away from him, when Mommy leaves the room, getting his diaper changed (I DREAD every diaper change and feel like I've just been in a wrestling match every time we're done), "real" strawberries
Between teething and a nasty, mean stomach virus last week I'm not too hopeful Walker has made much progress in the weight department but we will have official measurements at his 9 month check-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment