Monday, January 5, 2015

2.5

Dear Gray Christopher,

Oh my sweet, sweet boy! Today you are two and a half years old (well it was today, and then this stayed in my drafts for almost month-you keep me busy, what can I say?!). I won't bother going on and on about how you were just born yesterday. I really can't even begin to describe the joy you have brought us over the past two and a half years. You make my heart so full and every day I thank God for allowing me to be your Mama.

You have such a big heart buddy! Of course Daddy and I always thought so but from a very early age people commented on how unique and special you were. There is just something so sweet about your spirit and we know that comes from God. You willingly ask to pray for people at night and your prayers are so sweet they bring tears to my eyes. You make me want to be a better person. You keep me humble-constantly reminding me of God's grace and love and how I can't do this whole parenting thing without His help. Often you are the one reminding me to say our blessing before meals. Just the other day you saw Rose's (a girl in Kenya that we sponsor through Compassion International) picture and said "We need to pray for Rose, Mommy!" We were in the car last week when an ambulance drove by and you said, "Let's pray for them Mommy." I could go on and on for hours about the sweet, sweet boy that you are. I pray every day you stay that way, my precious boy.

Though you have such a sweet spirit and big heart, you are also extremely strong willed. Daddy and I pray daily that God will use that to make you a positive leader. But for now, it sure keeps us on our toes. You really are a good little boy though. You obey and use good manners most of the time and when you disobey, usually your little heart is sad because of it. The other day after I had given you a spanking, I told you it hurt my heart when you were ugly to me and you said, "No Mommy, it hurts MY heart!"

You make my heart want to explode when you say to me out of nowhere, "Mommy's my girl!", or "I love you Mommy.", or "Will you dance with me mommy?" or "You're so pretty Mommy!"

You love tractors and have since you were a baby. You can name any and every kind and love playing with them and seeing construction sites. You also love trains. For your second birthday we took you to the Transportation Museum and you rode on your first real train. You got a train table for Christmas and have already spent hours playing with it. I already wonder what you'll be when you grow up.

You are a Daddy's boy! He is your most favorite person on this earth and there is no question as to why. He really is the best. You want Mommy if you are hurt, but other than that if Daddy is around Mommy is only good for snacks and band-aids.

You are a good big brother. Most of the time anyway. You were very patient when Walker was such a fussy baby. You'd bring him a paci or a toy and say "It's ok Walker man!" when he would cry. You also sing "Hush little baby" to him almost every time he gets upset. The other day Walker was in his jumper and started to get upset and you ran up to him and said, "It's ok Walker, I'm here. I'm here buddy!" Walker adores you! Every time he sees you his whole face lights up and he gives you the biggest grin. He loves to watch your every move. He already wants to be your best friend and I pray so hard that y'all will be just that.

You are so, so smart! You can say your ABCs and can count to thirteen consistently and twenty most days. You can also spell your name and you love to ask us what letter different words start with. You have an incredible memory and are very well spoken for your age. We love your sweet voice and the way you talk. There are very few things you say that we can't understand and few things that you don't pronounce the right way and I have to say I think it's so cute! One of my favorites is "bevy", which is what you say for both "very" and 'really". You and Daddy read Bible stories every night and your favorite stories to hear are 'the mean king", "Moses in a basket", and "Jesus heals the little girl". You can pretty much say the entire Lord's prayer because you've said it with Daddy every night since you were a baby. You also have an incredible memory; you don't forget anything and you will bring things up that happened six months ago. You love to ask questions-especially "WHY?, WHY?, WHY?" You love to read and your favorite books are tractor books, Curious George, Clifford and your children's Bible.

You are a very good eater. I can count on my hands the number of things you don't like. There's no doubting who your Mama and Daddy are when it comes to eating-you get it honest!

You are fearless! I really can't think of one thing you have ever been afraid of and you are also very tough. I'm afraid you'll have a broken bone one day and I won't even know it because you'll just keep right on playing. However, you do love for Mommy to kiss your boo-boos and I LOVE how you really think it makes it them all better.

You are really tall and most people think you are three years old, which I don't really love to hear because although I love your age, I don't want you growing up any faster than you already are. You wear size 3 clothes (some of which are too short for you already) and size 7 or 8 shoes. You are starting to want to dress yourself and Mommy tries to choose battles with you wisely. The other day you had on a nice shirt with some sweat pants and your camouflage boots. It also happened to be a rare time that we went out to eat. You may have gotten a few looks.

I could go on for hours and hours. You make me so happy, so proud and just so thankful! I'm afraid that until you have your own children one day you won't be able to grasp how much I love you. But I promise you this my sweet boy, I'll spend every moment of every day trying.

With all my heart,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment